Are you a Fire TV device owner? If yes, you definitely know its tremendous potential. But, if you know nothing about Fire TV, do not worry.
This blog is intended to explain everything about Fire TV. Further, it will ensure existing Fire TV device owners to get beneficial Fire TV stick tips.
So, gear up! You are about to delve into the info of an amazing modern gadget called ‘Fire TV’.
- What is Fire TV stick?
- How to use a Fire TV stick?
- Fire TV stick tips.
- Which are the prominent Fire TV devices?
What is Fire TV stick?
First and foremost, before reading Fire TV stick tips, it is logical to get acquainted with its concept. So, just scroll down further:
- In simple words, Amazon’s video streaming device is known as Fire TV stick.
- Basically, you can connect this device to your normal TV. Importantly, you have to use an HDMI port for this purpose.
- Next, it allows you to stream prominent OTT platforms and media services fluently.
- Moreover, this device converts your regular TV partially into a smart TV.
- So, the Fire TV devices work like a magic wand which can provide a smart TV experience.
However, this handy Amazon device isn’t just restricted to media services. You can install fun games and applications too!
Isn’t this amazing? I bet it is. For one thing, is now a certainty. Customers who do not have smart TVs can still enjoy the ‘smart’ experience.
Of course, you need to buy a Fire TV device. But, it is surely an affordable prospect.
How to use a Fire TV stick?
Obviously, it is vital to know all the basics of any gadget. After all, you want to use a device to its full potential.
Follow these steps to use a Fire TV stick efficiently:
- Locate the HDMI port of your TV. In most cases, this port lies at the rear of a TV.
- HDMI stands for ‘High definition Multimedia interface’.
- These ports are similar to the ones you find on desktops and laptops.
- Plug the Fire TV stick to the HDMI port.
- Ensure that you have an extra power slot to charge the Fire TV stick.
- Operate the functions with the help of a remote.
- Further, follow the instructions which you see on the TV screen.
- Make sure you have a good Wi-Fi connection.
- Log-in with your Amazon account.
- Then, you can select the apps which you want to install.
- Voila! Your TV is now upgraded with the support of Fire TV stick.
Fire TV stick tips
Now that you know the basic setup procedure, follow these handy Fire TV stick tips for the best experience:
1. Parental controls
One of the most important features of Fire TV stick is the parental control option.
Basically, you can choose this to ensure family-compatible content when watching OTT shows with your children. Also, it safeguards different apps.
Obviously, you can switch the viewer content accordingly. So, parental controls are, indeed, an advantageous option in the Fire TV stick.
2. Bluetooth connections
Another handy Fire TV stick tip is to use the Bluetooth feature effectively. For instance, you can connect your Bluetooth headphones to Fire TV.
So, there’s no chance of causing disturbance to other people in your household. Also, the headphone experience is, as always, marvellous.
3. Manage apps regularly
A vital habit to ensure smooth functioning of all apps is to manage them periodically. To maintain a fluent viewing experience, it is better to clear the cache of all the apps.
This step flushes the unnecessary cache and maintains a healthy Fire TV user interface. Also, in some cases, you can clear the data of any app which misbehaves.
Due to this regular management, one can always ensure that the system stays problem-free.
One of the least-used modern feature is cast screen. You can mirror the content playing on your smartphone via a Fire TV stick.
For example, let us consider you are watching a song on YouTube. Just tap on the cast screen logo and select Fire TV stick.
Now, this amazing device can work as a bridge between your smartphone and TV. So, you can watch the same song on the bigger screen of your TV.
This tip applies to laptops or computers too!
5. An alternative remote app
Let’s say your Fire TV remote’s batteries have died. But, you want to watch your favourite show. There’s no need to rush to the store to buy new batteries instantly!
Amazon has an exclusive ‘Amazon Fire TV’ app on the app store. So, you can download this app and use your phone as an alternative Fire TV stick remote! Cool, isn’t it?
It contains simple navigation features and an elegant layout too.
Which are the prominent Fire TV devices?
Basically, you can avail the extraordinary Fire TV services in different ways. For instance, you can buy a new television with an embedded Fire TV system or a portable Fire TV stick.
Nevertheless, as a customer, it is definitely vital to have a clear picture of your next Fire TV item. So, long story short, the different Fire TV devices are:
- Fire TV Edition.
- Fire TV Stick.
- Fire TV Cube.
- Fire TV pendant.
- Fire TV Soundbar.
Let us understand each device in simple terms:
- Fire TV Edition: Generally, these are televisions from 3rd party manufacturers which have in-built Fire TV operating system.
- Fire TV Stick: The ‘Stick’ is an external device which resembles a pen drive. Moreover, this ‘stick’ is connected to a TV via an HDMI port.
- Fire TV Cube: This is a cube-like device that supports voice control. You can use Alexa with this cube too.
- Fire TV pendant: Before the famous Fire TV stick, Amazon designed a small box/pendant. This pendant is like a box hanging from a USB cable. Basically, it resembles a set-top box device.
- Fire TV Soundbar: This is an audio accessory which supports Fire TV services. It turns your living room into an upgraded audio room.
So, these are the current Amazon Fire TV devices. All in all, they provide an enormous level of ease and utility to customers.
Fire TV stick tips: Conclusion
These 5 tips are offbeat but highly effective. Also, they can make your Fire TV stick unleash its full potential. Hopefully, you are now equipped with all the necessary info regarding Fire TV and Fire TV stick tips. However, if you have more pointers, you can certainly share them in the comments section.