At this time, more and more people are using smart wrist devices. Predominantly, smartwatches and smartbands fall in the category of electronic wrist-wears. Despite their popularity, some people often get confused on their utility.
Smartwatches and smartbands are, in fact, distinctive devices. Hence, one should have a general understanding of their differences and applications. So, if you want to buy a new electronic gadget to occupy your wrist, you have to choose wisely.
There are parameters and basic differences between the two. So, without further ado, just note down the crucial points which differentiate smartwatches and smartbands:
SMARTWATCH VS SMARTBAND: WHAT IS A SMARTWATCH?
A smartwatch is an enhanced wristwatch. It is the next level of regular digital wristwatches. Most of us use conventional analogue or digital wristwatches. However, due to constant developments in this area, smartwatches came into existence. Also, the audience using smartwatches is growing consistently.
In simple words, if one has to describe a smartwatch, it can be explained as a smartphone transformed into a watch. Still, it has certain limitations like lack of high-resolution camera sensors, limited storage capacities, etc.
Alternatively, a smartwatch has useful features like:
- SIM card slot(s).
- 4G, Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth.
- Texting, email capabilities.
- Handy camera (Limited to some models).
- Music playing option.
- Health tracking parameters.
- Efficient sync with a smartphone.
The general characteristics of a regular smartwatch are:
- The display is generally round or rectangular in shape. By default, it exhibits the dial of a conventional wristwatch. This dial can be analogue or digital in appearance.
- The LCD display screen behaves similar to a smartphone.
- Most smartwatches have in-built speakers. Therefore, you can play your favourite music as intended.
- They look posh and are generally expensive than smartbands.
SMARTWATCH VS SMARTBAND: WHAT IS A SMARTBAND?
Smartbands are bracelet-like gadgets which display information on their small screens. These are generally light in weight. Also, they are less complex. Basically, physical buttons are responsible for their functionality. However, some smartbands have touch-screen interaction too.
At this time, when you venture to buy smartbands online, there are several options. The reason for this is affordability. Unlike smartwatches, smartbands are highly affordable.
A smartband has useful features like:
- Fitness tracking.
- Step counter.
- Blood pressure indicator, heart rate monitor.
- Sleep monitor.
The general characteristic of a typical smartband are:
- Light in weight.
- They are mostly related with fitness tracking activities.
- They often look like bracelets or sleek bands.
- The battery efficiency is generally solid.
SMARTWATCH VS SMARTBAND: A QUICK COMPARISON AMONGST THE TWO WRISTWEARS
This table simplifies all the essential factors amongst the two prominent gadgets. It should be noted that you can find exceptions in the general comparison points.
For example, when you browse to buy a smartwatch online, the weight can be less compared to a specific smartband. Still, generally, due to the overall dimensions, you will observe the following points true in majority cases.
|Display size||Larger than smartband.||Smaller than a smartwatch.|
|Battery efficiency||Low. However new smartwatches have good battery backup.||High. Since it has less complex functions to perform.|
|Price||Generally higher.||Generally lower.|
|Weight||Generally more than smartband.||Less. It looks similar to sleek wrist bracelet or band.|
WHICH IS BEST SUITED FOR ME – A SMARTWATCH OR A SMARTBAND?
The choice between a smartwatch and smartband is subjective. However, certain etiquettes demand otherwise. Hence, apart from your budget, there are simple pointers which facilitate your choice.
You should buy a smartwatch when:
- You want a wrist wear for almost all occasions.
- You use extra features like texting, sending and receiving emails, playing music, etc.
- You feel that a combination of basic fitness trackers and smart features is perfect.
- You want to sync all the vital notifications with your smartphone.
You should buy a smartband when:
- Your highest priority is physical activities and health tracking.
- You want a sporty and slim wrist wear.
- You need better battery efficiency.
- You aren’t bothered with lack of extra features.
- You wear it for exercise and physical purposes and not in a meeting room.
Importantly, all the answers to the above points can definitely make your choice easy. All in all, a smartwatch is an all-round gadget; whereas a smartband is highly suitable during physical activities.
DECIDED? NOW, DO YOU WANT TO BUY A SMARTWATCH ONLINE?
Hopefully, after all the information above, the simple yet important difference between smartwatches and smartbands is clear. So, if you want to explore the online market, just have a look at some top-rated items at this time:
- SAMSUNG GALAXY WATCH 3.
- APPLE WATCH SERIES 3.
- SAMSUNG GALAXY WATCH.
- APPLE WATCH SERIES 5.
- SAMSUNG GALAXY WATCH ACTIVE 2.
Furthermore, if you want to know more about the above smartwatches, just read the productsmera blog on top 5 smartwatches. You will surely find useful information there.
NAH, I AM INTERESTED IN SMARTBANDS.
Subsequently, some users will prefer smartbands. So, you can explore the following smartbands which are trending online at this time. Who knows, maybe you get the perfect smartband of your preference:
The final choice between a smartwatch and a smartband is, of course, a customer’s perspective. However, it is marvellous to witness such sophisticated devices in our era. Also, due to the rise of better manufacturing technologies, the end prices of these high-tech products are becoming highly affordable.
Hence, as a customer, it is interesting to delve into new technologies and gadgets. Hopefully, you are now equipped with the necessary information about the differences between smartwatches and smartbands. Thereupon, you can explore the online e-commerce websites without any confusion.
So, which one are you buying? – A high-tech formal smartwatch or a fitness-oriented smartband?